So, one day when she was moping around the house, half hearted swinging her sword and chasing her cats, a crow flew into the open window, and cawed.
“Caw, caw,” it said. That’s what she heard.
“Hey you!” is what he really said.
But she was smart enough to remember him from the last time he brought her an important message.
“Crow, what have you come to tell me this time?” she said, then threw the sword down in frustration because she knew she wouldn’t be able to understand him.
He shook a claw at her. At first she was insulted, then she realized that a small note was wrapped around his leg. She whispered a thanks to the gods and the crow, and carefully detached the note from his leg.
He flew off with a loud and final “Caw!” while she unscrolled the note.
This is what it said:
“Lady Wizard, you are cordially invited to a class to unlock your stories, and thwart the evil monster of stale stories and writus blockus. For your magic is within.
But you must Beware! This class is not for the faint at heart, but I know that you, Lady Wizard, are up to the challenge, for your pen is your sword and your sword your pen! Act now and Sign up now to get $55 off.
And so she did.
And this is what she read:
Dear Fantasy & Paranormal Writer,
Now you can enhance your fiction easily with this fun five-week live tele-seminar on
by Beth Barany, Expert Instructor, Author & Book Coach
- you write or want to write fantasy or paranormal fiction;
- you want to be inspired and bring magic into other people's lives;
- you want your readers to escape into a wonderful world;
- you want your fiction to communicate to the hearts and minds of your readers so they can see their lives in whole new ways.
- you have a story in you that wants to get out but you don't know how to unlock it;
- you can't find the time to write so need some outside structure;
- you're afraid the story won't be good enough and no one will read it;
- you fear that something is missing but you don't know what it is;
- you feel your story lacks a certain sparkle.
Online class through Low Country Romance Writer's America chapter: August 5-27, 2010
To sign up, please click the link below. Deadline: August 2, 2010.
You can also sign up directly at the Low Country Romance Writer's America site. Scroll down to the Bring Magic into Your Fiction class and click on the ADD TO CART button.
Workshop Fee: $16 US for All
PLEASE NOTE: ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE VIA CREDIT (OR PAYPAL ACCT). PayPal accepts all major credit cards, no account necessary!
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY: No registration fees will be refunded. All payments for a workshop must be received by the registration cut off date. Payments received after the cut-off date can be applied to a future workshop of the Applicant’s’ choosing.
In the event a workshop is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, such as instructor inability to teach class, registration fees will be applied to a future workshop of the applicant’s choosing.
A Confirmation Letter of Payment will be sent promptly. Invitations to the workshop are sent 3 days prior to the start of class. If you pay for a workshop and do not receive a confirmation letter and an invite please contact the Online Workshop Coordinator immediately.
ALL PAYMENTS FOR A WORKSHOP MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE REGISTRATION CUT OFF DATE. HOWEVER, LATE REGISTRATIONS MAY BE ACCEPTED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE CHAIRPERSON.
Learn how to use fairy tales, folktales and other elements of fantasy to write more powerful fiction.
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn how to identify motifs, understand their applications and benefits, and how they can shape and improve your story;
- Enhance the power of your fiction by mastering the use of your story's magical objects;
- Increase your tools of world building, including setting, history, "pantheon of power," and more
- Be inspired and motivated to move your story forward
- Gain clarity in what's already working well in your fiction
- Get structured exercises both about and on your writing
- Harness the subconscious power of oral story telling
What people have said about Beth and her services:
"Again, thanks for all the help, Beth. It was a GREAT seminar, and I'm feeling very on top of things now."
-- Jasmine Haynes, Santa Cruz, CA
"If you're like me and you've always wanted to write a book, but didn't quite understand how, Beth's instruction is an excellent resource."
-- David Kwong, Berkeley, CA
"I don't think you can be proactive unless you truly understand what motivates you, and that's just one of the things Beth helped me to do. She also gave me the confidence and support I needed to do the book my way--and stick with it too."
-- Susan Williamson, Toronto, Canada
is a Book Coach and Creativity Consultant, and author of The Book Coach Newsletter and Creativity SparksTM, with over 30 years of writing experience, and over 50 articles published in various regional and online publications including the Psychic Reader, the Paris Free Voice, and January Magazine. Currently she is working on her fourth novel. She has taught writing in Paris, France and in the San Francisco Bay Area. Beth is a contributor to Writing Romance: The Ultimate Guide on Craft, Creation and Industry Connections, and Creativity Coaching Success Stories. Beth is the author of Overcome Writer's Block: 10 Writing Sparks to Ignite Your Creativity, and The Writer's Adventure Guide: 12 Stages to Writing Your Book.
, Creative Consultant and Writing Coach
Creativity Sparks Newsletter